Friday 27 September 2013

Music under water

It's been a long time coming: I listen to music while I swim. Sounds boring but the fact I can finally say this after 5 months of using my waterproof mp3 ear phones is a manifestation of how my life has changed. Here's why:
  1. I'm swimming an hour at least 6 days a week. I couldn't do this so easily without hearing my favourite music. I'm getting fit.
  2. It took a lot of tweaking, testing, maintenance and patience to get the phones to pipe music straight inside my ears at the right angle for one hour while constantly moving in slippery water seeping around my ear. My life is being geeked out as I'm solving system physical and psychological  problems with new habits and a new outlook on life.
  3. I went through a stint of swimming nearly everyday before but ate differently and always wished for music during the process. With a way to eat that suits my metabolism and  good waterproof phones, the results in my health and appearance are obvious. The change in my life was what I always wanted but forgot until the technology and opportunity arrived.
  4. Endorphin addiction from the exercise clears my mind and helps me think, dream and decide. The circumstances that pushed me to change has permeated all of my existence: to why I live and love.   
  5. The fact I'm writing this on a blog underlines the new communications that helped me find food, exercise and other advice. But I'm sharing what I'm going through with anyone who is interested. A new desire, vision and channel to communicate has invaded me.
I had to resort to a formal way to talk about this even though listening to music underwater seems such a simple thing. Few want to and few succeed. Much like all good things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment