Wednesday 6 February 2013

Intimacy, danger and celebration

One of my favorite quotes from a movie is, "Take chances. Be very bold." In the movie Julia about two friends struggling with life during world war two with a spying twist. Julia says this while saying good bye leaving the apparently weaker friend to deal with the danger. They never got to celebrate despite their deep friendship and facing a common threat. But those parting words haunted me as I went off to University leaving my safe teenage romantic years.

I feel like this is happening again. New eyes, new song, new boldness to look for joy, create and love. Taking chances boldly with the support of friends. But I want to celebrate... everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Just realized my quote was incomplete. Julia said, "Work hard. Take chances. Be very bold". There must be some subconscious significance :-)

    ReplyDelete