Friday 19 July 2013

Promises

An oldie tribute to the late great Ray Charles! The rhythm is "bad ass" and the lyrics begs the question. Really? Will you be good to me? Will you love me no matter what? Does God love me if he is there?

Well I've written a lot about these questions so I won't repeat like I usually do. Instead I'll state these promises fulfilled (for me at least):
  1. Love someone no matter what, in order to see God.
  2. I feel love and know God is good to me no matter what.
I've posted the second Expectans Expectavi Dominum and third movements Laudate Dominum of Stravinsky's Symphony of Psalms. Here is the first movement and the text. I love this eerie arrangement because it's good but also because this is how I feel. I cried out in the silence of nothing and experienced his answer. And the feeling is this magnificent. 

(Psalm 38, verses 13 and 14)

Exaudi orationem meam, Domine, et deprecationem meam. Auribus percipe lacrimas meas. Ne sileas, ne sileas.Hear my prayer, O Lord, and with Thine ears consider my calling: hold not Thy peace at my tears.
Quoniam advena ego sum apud te et peregrinus, sicut omnes patres mei.For I am a stranger with Thee: and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
Remitte mihi, ut refrigerer prius quam abeam et amplius non ero.O spare me a little that I may recover my strength: before I go hence and be no more seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment