Thursday 15 August 2013

Go

I took a morning walk the day Hong Kong was on Typhoon alert. The photo is Central (the banking and Government district) at 8am. Empty, quiet, strange because it is usually quite stressful with people rushing about all the time. The message is "Go" just as I went through about 7 years of "fire". The song by Chaka Kahn has special meaning for me. 

I was arrested 7 years ago for something incidental (at best), it set off circumstances beginning with 18 days in a Chinese prison that brought me to this point in my life. I felt so down trodden when they finally came to take me away, there was a few seconds of amazing silence in my head in the midst of the hand-cuffs and commotion... It was as if all the world stopped for me and I heard clearly but quietly a voice: "Go through it".

Thus the photo. Go down the road my heart is leading me to. Not on a whim but an insistence that I have been feeling and seeing clearly for a year. What is implied is that things will work out and that the road will be made straight. I never would have seen this if it were not for the fire of bad circumstances. It's as if my going "through the fire.. to the limit" showed me life again.


No comments:

Post a Comment