Tuesday 6 August 2013

Magic in creating

I like to read non-fiction where authors are thinking and looking at life in new ways. It's social, about technology, the economy, God, psychology, relationships, health...

I've had some time to look back and see the magic that we all miss living our ordinary past. But if I look back, there is definitely a direction, a passion and culmination of circumstances that change life. Mostly, it's been people. So I'm not going to assume any day is ordinary anymore.

With technology, it's been easier to find good books because I can see the words more directly without the physical marketing. I can also read anywhere using any connected device and always find where I left off. Like a true geeky multi-tasker I read a few books at the same time.

The reason for this mundane rambling about my reading life is that perspective gained and shared are often in deeper experiences that a simple conversation cannot touch. Art, literature, music and new online creations can open our minds.

Human nature falls back on easy lazy instant gratifying solutions, which is fine. Magic though resides in intimacy of thought, passion, reason and expression. I'm addicted to seeking these magical creative moments while I live my ordinary life.

No comments:

Post a Comment