Friday 25 October 2013

No such thing as mistaken tortoises

"There are no mistakes..." because they are the very things that make us who we are. It's a line from the very deep movie "This means war".

Then there is the story about the tortoise and the hare where the fast large rabbit thought he would win the race against the slow tortoise only to fall asleep. Most people think the tortoise is handicapped so it was a miracle he beat the hare. I think it's about being different. 

These 2 seemingly unrelated themes came together today as I took a walk in Autumn coolness turning into comfortable warmth up the Peak. I wandered down the wrong path and wasted (?) an hour. I also did not rush because of ligaments in my foot which I damaged by walking too quickly like the scurrying masses changing trains during rush hour. So I now walk like I always liked to do: bigger strides and slower steps.   

I'm the tortoise that believes nothing that has happened to me is an accident or time wasted or a mistake. I learned that even when I thought I was too tired to make the hike after the detour, I ended up enjoying to whole long walk in the Sun.  It kind of showed me how the last 7 years which seemed to be a series of unfortunate events was not at all for nothing. Thus the slow paced tortoise no longer believes in mistakes.

The Sun is there even during cloudy days. I also marveled at my new energy because the walk did not tire me out at all. It makes me want to take risks in life without fear or regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment