Monday 3 June 2013

Open!

Living in the high rise jungle of Hong Kong for most of my life, I've noticed that most people live with the curtains shut. It was a little more open when I was a kid when I used to chat with the kids in the facing window in the next building. I even saw them being spanked with a duster that was common practice when I was a kid, although my parents never did it. But nowadays people don't mind posting their private lives on the Internet but do not want their neighbours to see them watching TV.

The cat on the old wall is so relaxed, I got pretty close to it to take the picture. I'm more open now too and decided to push the curtains aside in my home office so I can get as much light inside as I can. After all, I'm mostly working, reading and chatting anyway... nothing much to see should those with facing windows choose to spy.

People can shut the curtains or live without light if they want, but I want to be more open and at least not shut out the light just so I can hide my normal life. For me, it's about confidence, resting in who I am and loving life. A little like this cat. I guess that's why I'm writing my feelings on this blog. Nothing to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment