Thursday 6 June 2013

Timidly anxious and bold fear

I was battered by circumstances to be timidly anxious for too long. I'm filled boldness to face coming fears posed by an unknown future that has yet to be written. And so ready to celebrate.

China's history has been depressing for so long. My stomach is in tangles thinking about how chaotic and aimless the past few hundred years has been for my ancestors. The pic is of a Sun Yat Sun statue by the pool I'm using most mornings.

I then took one of him superimposed on the tall ICC. Not sure what it symbolizes except that the flats around it may look impressive, but I wonder how pleasant it is to live in a high density area despite the expensive shopping, hotels and the high speed train that is being built underneath it. This is a far cry from the ideals we remember of the founder of the Chinese republic...

History is still working itself out. I want to do a little to empower the leaders of tomorrow to make something beautiful and enjoyable for the little man and woman who make up our world. Instead of being obsessed with over-sized and extreme display of wealth, there is more treasure to be found in working out tomorrow together.

Any joy and pleasure from cooperation to create something we believe in and want, no matter how small is better than over-the-top proclamations of wealth and power. Simple pleasures, new meaning, moments of improvement, glimpses of beauty... These are things worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment