Monday 9 December 2013

God alone

A modern french classic sad song from the 70's still celebrated like this video which was in front of the Elysée Palace in Paris (like the Whitehouse in DC). I like the original recording even more of Véronique Sanson's Ma Révérence. It's about stripping aside the things that delay a realization of loneliness such as children, friends, ambitions, beauty... for in the end we are left with a small voice that groans and sighs we are all alone in the world.

This image is everywhere. The small blue marble we live on is alone in a dark expanse as big as infinity. We are born alone  when we cry out for someone to hold us only to grow up fearing the unavoidable prospect of dying alone.

Yet, God is alone too. I posted a gospel song  earlier that echos the title He is God alone. His lonliness is assured in the definition of an all powerful being from which life begins and ends. Who can be his companion?

In my recent difficulties, I could find no way out as all doors seemed to be shut. I felt stripped of the temporary fixes that we use each day to color over the fear of boredom and loneliness. I was left to face desperation and hopelessness alone. Somehow, it is in this state that I am lifted up from the darkness and shit that symbolize the bad times.

In desperation, I cried out repeatedly and I felt someone hearing me over an over. 

I conclude with this paradox: God is alone. I am alone. The more deeply I feel this solitude, the closer I am to seeing Him. And the better I am at being close to my fellow humans. 

This song has new meaning for me He's my up when I'm down. For the "up" I'm feeling now is not one you can find in a crowd or public performance. It is in desperate loneliness, away from the bandages of compensation for solitude, that I am being lifted out of the pit of despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment