Wednesday 19 February 2014

Silence

I think we see this similar to darkness. If you are not afraid of the dark, most of us once did. Maybe silence is just as frightening or mysterious or at least something to avoid. Just like waiting, silence can also be a skill because if you think about it and listen to most conversations, there are many wasted words and too much volume.

To put it bluntly, we talk too much. In general I am not known to be talkative. Yet I'm learning how to use silence even when I think I need to persuade or object or react, if for no other reason than not to show my ignorance.

Some like the night life because the world calms down when the sun is shining elsewhere. I like to wake up early and enjoy seeing the world rise up from relative silence. I'm not sure if it's "golden" as in the old folk song but it is definitely more useful and uplifting than idle chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment