Tuesday 25 February 2014

The healthy geek

When I was a teenager, exercise was seen as a domain "reserved" for sports training and not for everyone. Today, health and exercise are cool, fun and available. The whole approach to fitness has moved from exclusivity to a common denominator for holistic health.

I remember a P.E. teacher extolling his physique without explaining how to get fit except to attend his class. Fitness and nutrition have become well defined and available.

Following my 50 day hospitalization, I walked out with a cane. Today I look and feel much better. Besides the spiritual and psychological foundation which were revived in me, it was the geek in me that helped find the way.

I saw well-being as a system and not just about the body. Understanding and fine tuning elements of how to live under a deep motivation to thrive in all of my life, I have become a healthy geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment