Sunday 5 May 2013

Looks still deceive


While I've been at work in and out of the office for most of my career, I found myself envying the dressed up office workers because I'm not earning anything even though I'm working with people on products all the time. Money aside, why am I still kind of deceived that the dressed up employee has something I don't?

We are easily fooled by appearances. Here are a few more:

  1. Leaders (in business, schools and religion) are better than you.
  2. Luxury cars are better.
  3. Bigger homes and offices are better.
  4. Brands increase your status.
  5. New is better.

It's very simple. All the above are easier to market and for creating hype. They are all more flashy and presentable to the public like a movie or photo. Maybe they do apply sometimes but not for the obvious reasons.

Real value is what goes on inside the lives of those involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment