Friday 3 January 2014

Living proof

My life has been more like Emma Stone's character than Octavia Spencer's (who won best supporting actress), because my life has been easy until the past 7 years. My blog and crying out each day has been a result of feeling completely helpless despite all the people who are there beside me.

It is something I had to go through to become stronger, healthier, more in tune, more me and living proof that God exists. For in silence of abandonment, I found a hand, an embrace, heard a voice, a comfort and crying. In the quiet of being helped from within, I felt a deep change and perhaps power to live that I have not felt before. And it has nothing to do with my own striving and effort, I just let go and live.

It's not the first time I saw the movie "The help". But Mary J. Blige's song during the credits never sang so loudly into me than just now... so I bought it and will listen to it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment