Monday 27 January 2014

Too good to be true

The opposite of "as good as it gets" could also be "too good to be true". There is a concept in many places that everything will be OK, everything is for our good, or something similar. In the movie "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel", Dev Patel says " Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end."

The singer (who reminds me of me) leads the choir to sing "working it out" over and over and over again "for my good, said he would, for my good".

How can suffering, injustice, poverty, selfishness, prejudice, deceit, greed be for my good. And how can everything revolve around each person for their good?  It just doesn't make sense that everything will turn out alright, for our good, for each and everyone.

But this concept is there. We assure each other that things will be OK despite that we favor some over others and assume it must be the case with God. So many dismiss what cannot be understood. I can't persuade anyone of the truth in the song except to say I see what is happening to me to be "too good to be true" but here I am.

(I found a post of my favorite gospel song that got me hooked on this kind of soulful music)

No comments:

Post a Comment