Monday 22 April 2013

Listen eyes closed


I'm swimming for an hour 5 days a week and listen to music on a water proof Walkman to make it more attractive.  It ran out of battery today, so I swam silently fully feeling the water glide over me, felt my body respond to the movement and flow. My healing helped the hour fly by unlike a previous attempt when the fitness results were not as good and it was much more of a stretch. I was eating carbs then which I avoid now but more important, I'm relaxed this time around and in tune with life around me.

To swim non-stop for that long, I listened and felt my body signals. Slowing down sometimes, relaxing certain muscles in between movements and learning to deal with thirst, pain and other feelings. There was a time when I exercised like I was fighting for my life but now it's about enjoying the feeling in the water which is kind of sexy. ;-)

The point is I focused on the experience instead of the prospect of swimming for an hour. I just moved, glided in the water, breathed, enjoyed, felt, responded... not really thinking about the time.

I think that's how I have to work and build relationships using all my senses of the moment, from now on. Direction is important but not micro-managing very detail and a slave to timing. Just watch the path and adjust. I saw this as I swam with eyes closed a lot of the time and just listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment