Saturday 27 April 2013

Mistaken anxiety


Yes I fear hard times but I just found out I am error-phobic. The first major mistake I remember was sprinting during recess, knocked over a small girl by accident and caused her to have stitches. My conscience kept me up feeling guilty for many nights. I was 10. That same year, I tried in vain to rescue a small sick sparrow who fell into our patio. It didn't fly so I nursed it in vain only to see it die after it's final deep breaths. I cried for hours.

My personality wants to avoid causing more pain than people already have. No I know I can't save any body... just not make mistakes that will make things worse.

As life got more complicated with all the cares that crowd out our dreams, I got more and more anxious that my errors would be too much trouble. I know the intention is good but the phobia I harbor is not. Somehow, I think I'm on the path to finding the right balance here.

No comments:

Post a Comment