Tuesday 16 April 2013

Real dementors


My favourite Harry Potter story is the Prisoner of Azkaban for many reasons but it definitely was not because of the dementor character. This death like thing somehow sucks up good memories and  feelings like "you'll never be happy again". I just realized I experienced this.

It's the collection of voices and actions where people say "you can't do that", talk behind your back to make themselves feel better or come to scare you by wielding temporary power. The moment of my arrest was the "dementor" moment for me. The violence of the attitudes, the absolute nature of the action designed to make you feel weak, oppressed and hopeless.

It worked because I gave up on dreaming and settled to survive a quiet life of decline. I kind of believed I'll never have joy or youth or progress because the scare tactic was so effective.

I know some people are oppressed by such sinful tactics everyday. The mentally challenged, handicapped, orphans, victims or anyone who seems strange or out of place. If you prey on the weak just for kicks, I think you are the dementor for them,

Well, I hope I don't act like that ever. It took 7 years but the horror of giving up hope is finally passing. I'll show you more of the liveliness that is growing inside me like a seeding plant in the Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment